Saturday, December 26, 2009

Will Secretaries be Re-appointed? If Yes, Why It Kills My Opportunity

It is not my business and it won’t be my business but I want to make it my business. As a student finishing graduation ready to battle odds against the world, it gives me heady feeling when I think about aspirations of mine. I know I have long way to go after graduation. I have to appear for civil service examination which has little to do with sixteen years of sweating among books. My luck and hardwork must pay to walk into door of civil service.


Assuming that I get selected (that I will), I have to start from P5 which is long journey to reach EX1A, which is highest post a sincere civil servant can aspire. There are many miles to be walked and many hurdles to be overcame to reach that place with around sixty years of my age as ultimate deadline.



According to Constitution(if I am right), the tenure for secretary is 5 years which is welcoming news for young man like me who is ready to walk up the steps no matter how hard it is. There are many cabable people who are more strong and talented waiting to step at new level of elevated platform occupied by senoirs. In my opinion,secretaries of now have already served their opportunity. If re-appointed, they will not be filling the space that will be filled by young and dynamic leaders but also obstructing the opportunity for younger generation to prove their mettle.

I have great conviction that present secretaries are man with wisdom and talents who have served the nation with great integrity and dedication. Still, I believe their tenures are constitutionally over and it is right time for them to hand over their reins to person below them with good faith and words of wisdom. There are many aspiring and able person who will never reach at that pinacle as only ten dedicated civil servants become secretaries every five years but it will atleast give chance for ten more people to become secretaries if this ten present secretarie are not re-appointed. It will make journey lesser than five years for those ten future secretaries who are starting their careers as petty officers this year.

However, it is not for me to decide this and ask for decisions. It is upto government and constitution to decide it. I will be happy if all ten secretaries of present are re-appointed and I will be more than happy if new secretaries appointed. I say in good faith and jocund mood that not re-appointing present secretaries may shorten my journey to secretarial post by five years. It is my selfish and blasphemous reason why present secretaries mustn’t be re-appointed. Till then, I will wait for my red scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment